PRESS RELEASE - 4th January 2022
- BBR Launches Two Stages of Supercharger package for Mazda MX-5 / Miata NC models
- Designed to transform performance for popular 1.8 and 2.0-litre MX-5 NC (MK3) variants built between 2005-2015
- 250 bhp available from Stage One but over 300 bhp available with Stage Two
- Drive in – drive out and DIY upgrades now on sale, priced from £4095.00
- The BBR Stage One/Two Supercharger conversions carry a 12-month warranty
- More information at mx5supercharger.co.uk
Exciting news from the world’s leading Mazda MX-5 tuning specialist - BBR. Famed for its high-performance upgrades, throughout 2021 BBR has been working with Rotrex Superchargers to develop forthcoming upgrades for the majority of Mazda MX-5 NA, NB and ND models.The Corten-Miller – BBR Connection
In parallel UK based aftermarket tuner Corten Miller approached BBR to collaborate on the commercialisation of its own well proven and engineered Mazda MX-5 NC Rotrex conversion. By this stage in their own development of a Rotrex supercharger upgrade for the NC model BBR’s technicians had concluded that the confined nature of the standard MX-5 NC engine bay, plus a desire to avoid repositioning the battery to the boot or having to remove the air-conditioning dictated that there was a single ideal location for the supercharger and its drive system – that of the Corten Miller solution.
Eager to avoid imitation, a collaboration was a logical next step and ultimately BBR has obtained the complete rights to production, commercialisation (and further development) of the existing Corten Miller supercharger upgrade package. This has negated the critical need for 12-18 months of hardware/software development and validation that is typically required before bringing a conversion to the retail market.
“The Corten Miller kit is a proven conversion over eight years, tested in all conditions and climates on both road and track, so that crucial aspect of the hard work was already done,” says BBR’s Neil Mckay. “So now BBR is pleased to announce that the MX-5 NC packages previously marketed as the Corten Miller Rotrex KIT PRO and Kit Club Sport are now available with further BBR hardware and software enhancements, henceforth referred to as the BBR Stage One and Stage Two Supercharger conversions,” he continues.
“The Rotrex Supercharger is a highly reliable device that requires minimal servicing. Combined with the well-engineered air-to-air intercooler package and BBR’s software enhancements, the end result is stunning performance for NC owners, combined with OEM levels of everyday drivability,” says BBR’s Neil McKay.
Aside from the significant performance upgrade, the BBR Stage One / Two Supercharger packages include significant electronic enhancements such as launch control, flat shift, switchable engine maps and auto-downshift throttle blipping.
Performance: 248 BHP / 213 ft.lb
0-60 MPH 5.3 seconds
- C30-94 Rotrex Supercharger
- Rotrex Oil reservoir
- BBR Oil Cooler
- BBR High Quality Anodised CNC Rotrex brackets
- BBR High Quality Anodised CNC Tensioner brackets
- Supercharger and revised ancillary belt
- BBR 250 BHP intake restrictor
- BBR CAIS - Cold Air intake system with serviceable air filter
- BBR Front mounted intercooler
- BBR branded Intercooler silicone hoses
- BBR Mandrel Bent intercooler pipe work
- BBR Branded Breather hoses
- Bosch EV14 BBR spec Injectors
- BBR / Bosch MAP / Temperature sensor
- BBR Recirculating piston type dump valve in factory black finish
- BBR Starchip EcuTek calibration software with driver switchable modes (ECU Connect required for models without cruise control)
- Optional hardware only and BBR Software/EcuTek programming cable choices for DIY clients
Note: A sports manifold is required (BBR 4-1 advised) for all tuning levels but not provided within the kit
The BBR Stage One supercharger conversion is available now for all 1.8 and 2.0-litre 2005-2015 Mazda MX-5 (NC) models, priced from £4995.00 on a ‘drive-in, drive-out’ basis from BBR’s Brackley based headquarters, including a 12-month warranty.
The DIY version, intended for export markets and for competent mechanics, is also available now as ‘hardware only’ for £4095.00 including comprehensive instructions and technical support. The addition of optional BBR software with either EcuTek ProEcu or ECU Connect programming raises this price to £4590.00.
Performance: 303 BHP / 227 lb.ft
0-60MPH 4.8 seconds
As per the Stage One Supercharger package, but with the addition of:
- BBR fuel module
- NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
- Engine mounted fuel filter
- 300 BHP intake restrictor
- BBR 300 BHP ECU calibration
Note – A BBR 2.5” Manifold back Exhaust system and Stage One clutch recommended
The BBR Stage Two supercharger conversion is available now for all 1.8 and 2.0-litre 2005-2015 Mazda MX-5 (NC) models, priced from £5995.00 on a ‘drive-in, drive-out’ basis from BBR’s Brackley based headquarters, including a 12-month warranty.
The DIY version, intended for export markets and for competent mechanics, is also available now as ‘hardware only’ for £4795.00 including comprehensive instructions and technical support. The addition of optional BBR software with either EcuTek ProEcu or ECU Connect programming raises this price to £5290.00.
Commenting on the new packages, BBR’s Neil Mckay said “A later Mazda MX-5 Mk 3.5 NC model with either the BBR Stage One or Stage Two supercharger upgrade will offer incomparable levels of old-school rear-wheel drive performance for under £20,000 on the road, including the purchase of the base car. At that price point there is very little that come close in levels of pure driver excitement.”
For comprehensive additional information please visit: mx5supercharger.co.uk
NOTE: All quoted prices exclude VAT.
CONTACT: BBR GTi Tel: + 44 (0)1280 700700 www.bbrgti.com
PRESS RELEASE ENDS
NOTE TO EDITORS: BBR is pleased to offer a Supercharger equipped Mazda MX-5 NC for editorial test drives by appointment. Please contact Neil McKay at BBR on 01280 700700 to make your reservation.