BBR GTi Mazda MX-5 ND Super 200 Performance Upgrade
Leading automotive performance specialist BBR is delighted to launch exciting engine tuning packages exceeding 200 bhp!
- BBR ‘Super 200’ package boosts performance of 2.0-litre Mazda MX-5 to a stunning 205 bhp with 180 lb.ft of torque
- Slashes 0-60mph time to just 5.65 seconds
- OEM Mazda electronic safety features are retained, as well as MOT emissions compliance and standard idle characteristics
- Further optional upgrades enhance engine performance to 214 bhp and 183 lb.ft
- Available now, with prices starting from £2195.00 excluding VAT
Brackley, Northamptonshire, 6th September 2016
Leading automotive performance specialist BBR is delighted to launch an exciting engine tuning package for the latest ‘ND’ version of the 2.0-litre MX-5, which builds upon the success of the company’s existing Super 190 upgrade for the Mazda sportscar.
Designed to enhance the everyday driving experience for enthusiasts wanting the ultimate from their new MX-5, the upgrade represents the culmination of over two years of BBR’s in-house mechanical and electronic development work on Mazda’s advanced, direct-injection 2.0-litre Skyactiv-G engine, which despite producing 160bhp at 6300 rpm and 153 lb.ft at 4950 rpm as standard (when measured on BBR’s dyno) is noted for being unwilling to rev.
BBR’s ‘Super 200’ upgrade addresses this characteristic, significantly boosting peak power by 45 bhp to a mighty 205 bhp at 6950 rpm, allied to an impressive 179 lb.ft at 4950 rpm (a gain of 26 lb.ft). Crucially, where the stock engine is reluctant to attain higher revs, the BBR Super 200 equipped motor excels above 5500 rpm, offering intense, exhilarating performance and response all the way to the 7150 rpm limiter.
Initial performance testing indicates that (when fitted with the optional performance exhaust components) the 0-60 mph time is reduced from 7.3 seconds to a scorching 5.65, meaning that whatever the challenge the BBR Super 200 equipped Mazda
MX-5 can really punch above its weight.
However, numbers only tell half of the story. Such is the quality of BBR’s development work that the power and torque output of the Super 200 equipped MX-5 exceeds that of the stock 2.0-litre Mazda throughout the rev range, providing an additional 30 lb.ft of torque at just 3500 rpm, making this a highly user-friendly conversion designed for everyday driving.
In detail, BBR’s Super 200 upgrade consists of exclusive, top quality high performance replacement billet steel intake and exhaust camshafts with upgraded valve springs and retainers, a bespoke 4 into 1 tuned length stainless steel exhaust manifold and a specially developed cold air intake system.
Electronically, the Super 200 benefits from BBR’s renowned StarChip ECU software package, which includes revised fuel, ignition and cam timing calibration designed to optimise driveability and performance across the rev range, whilst retaining all Mazda’s OEM fail safes.
Available now, the Super 200 package is priced at £2795.00 including installation at BBR’s Brackley premises by its qualified technicians and dyno power graph (A DIY version, including the ECU programming hardware is also available at £2195.00.)
For complete peace of mind BBR offers 12 to 36 month extendable warranty packages for Super 200 customers.
BBR ‘Super 200+’
Recognising that some MX-5 enthusiasts always desire additional performance, BBR now offers a selection of optional additional components that extract even more power from the car’s1998cc powerplant.
The addition of a 2.5 inch diameter high performance TIG welded stainless steel exhaust centre section (£495.00) allied to stainless steel 2.5 inch BBR silencers (£395.00) boosts peak power to 214 bhp and torque to a mighty 183 lb.ft and provides the ‘ND’ model of the MX-5 with an exhilarating soundtrack designed to electrify any drive. Two silencer options are available from BBR, a quieter GT option for customers who prefer a subtle more muted note, or a Supersport option delivering a true sportscar note.
For MX-5 2.0-litre owners wanting the final word in Skyactive-G normally aspirated engine tuning, BBR can supply a gasflowed cylinder head, reworked using a flowbench to optimise performance. On the dyno BBR has recorded over 225 bhp from this combination –price on application only.
BBR Mazda MX-5 ND model chassis upgrades
A range of in-house developed chassis upgrades is also released by BBR to compliment and help exploit the full potential of the Super 200 engine package. Guaranteed to transform the dynamic qualities of all variants of the latest ‘ND’ model Mazda MX-5, these packages have been created to satisfy the needs of the most demanding of drivers, irrespective of road or track conditions.
BBR Sports Suspension :-
BBR’s Sport suspension package uses Koni adjustable dampers which are specially re-valved and matched to progressive wound BBR lowering springs. BBR’s Sport suspension package combines sharper turn-in, superior body control during committed driving and a compliant ride to ensure occupant comfort.
Priced at £995.00 fully installed at BBR’s premises (including laser suspension geometry alignment), a DIY version is also available for £695.00.
BBR / Eibach adjustable Anti-Roll Bar Kit :-
Developed to optimise the cornering characteristics of the ‘ND’ model of the MX-5 without detracting from ride quality, BBR has teamed up with renowned suspension specialist Eibach to launch a two way adjustable front and rear anti-roll bar kit.
Manufactured from cold-formed, high-strength aircraft-grade steel for precision performance and finished with a long-lasting red powder coat finish, the BBR/Eibach anti-roll bar kit reduces body roll through increased design stiffness compared to the OEM Mazda roll bars.
This results in increased handling precision and cornering grip in any performance driving situation on the road or circuit. Priced at £312.25, the BBR/Eibach adjustable anti-roll bar kit is available now.
BBR / Willwood Four Piston Front Brake Caliper Upgrade Package : –
Given the sizeable performance increases being extracted from the MX-5, BBR has also created an effective braking upgrade, designed to suit the demands of sustained high speed driving.
Consisting of a Willwood four piston alloy caliper upgrade (which retains the OEM Mazda vented front discs), benefit from a larger pad surface area and high performance BP20 compound pad, the results are significantly improved retardation and lower brake dust levels.
In addition, the Willwood brake upgrade shaves a significant amount of unsprung weight from the front of MX-5 – an impressive 2.1 kilo per side, further improving handling response and increasing the Mazda’s power to weight ratio.
* Wilwood 4 piston calipers
* BBR CNC machined aluminium anodised mounting brackets
* Stainless steel brake lines
* BP20 Street Performance brake pads
* High-temp 5.1 brake fluid
The BBR brake upgrade kit is on sale now, priced at £695.00 including fitting, a DIY version at £595.00.
NOTE: All quoted prices exclude VAT.
CONTACT: BBR GTi Tel: + 44 (0)1280 700700 www.bbrgti.com
PRESS RELEASE ENDS
NOTE TO EDITORS: BBR is pleased to offer an upgraded Super 200 and chassis upgrade equipped Mazda MX-5 ND for editorial test drives by appointment. Please contact Neil McKay at BBR on 01280 700700 to make your reservation.
In Same Category
- Unlock the power! BBR’s unveils 225bhp 2020 specification Super 225 tuning package for 2005-2015 Mazda MX-5 / Miata 2.0-litre NC models
- BBR launches Super 200 / Super 220 packages for 2019 184 PS Mazda MX-5 / Miata, with over 220 bhp now available
- The weakest link - New BBR forged components for the SkyActiv 2.0 - 2015 to current 184ps MX-5 model compatibility
- BBR 210 bhp turbocharger upgrade now available for 1.5-litre engine MX-5 ND variants
- BBR launches stunning Mazda MX-5 / Miata ND 2.0 Stage 1 turbo upgrade
Related by Tags
- BBR launches stunning Mazda MX-5 / Miata ND 2.0 Stage 1 turbo upgrade
- BBR is proud to offer it’s bespoke SkyActiv Camshafts as a standalone product!
- BBR unveils Super 175 normally aspirated tuning package for 2005-2015 Mazda MX-5 1.8 NC models
- BBR Unveils tuning packages for latest Mazda MX-5 2.0-litre models!
- The very first UK modified MX-5 ND race car, tuned by BBR!
- BBR unveils engine and chassis tuning program for 1.5 and 2.0-litre MX-5/Miata ND
- BBR MX-5 ND MK4 Unveiled
- BBR ‘Super 200’ upgrade unveiled for 2.0-litre MX-5
- Stunning BBR MX-5 turbo packages for NC models
- BBR MX5 GT270 – New Car Package
- BBR launches DIY MX-5 NC ‘Super 175’ upgrade
- Mk3 / 3.5 Mazda MX-5 supercharger conversions launched – up to 258 bhp available!
- BBR announces ‘Super 180’ upgrade for Mazda MX-5 2.0i models
- BBR Mazda MPS 2.3 turbo DSI conversions – Press Release
- BBR Mazda MX-5 Turbo Anniversary Edition – Press Release